How do I email or text a donor from the CRM?
When you are in a calltime list you can text or email your donor a pre-templated message. Note that Numero is not a text or email service provider. This means when you choose the email donor or text donor option from the calltime list view, we are connecting a pre-written template to populate as a draft in your existing default email service or default messaging center on the desktop you are using. Additionally, there are no email or text donor options in the CRM outside where they are found in the calltime list view (ex: directly from a donor's profile).
1. To text or email a donor from the CRM calltime list view, make sure your calltime list is open and select the three dots to the far right of the donor. Select either send email or send text from the follow up section.
2. If you selected send email, you'll need to select the email address you want to email, the template you want to populate into your email account as a draft, and select send email.
3. The email will then populate as a draft in your default email account for the device and browser you are using that you can edit and send as you wish. If you need help setting up Gmail as your default email program in your browser you can read more here, watch a video here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more direction if you do not use Gmail as your primary email service provider.
4. If you select send text, you'll need to select the phone number you want to call, the template you want to populate into your messaging center as a draft, and select send text.
5. The text will then populate in your default messaging center (note that your device needs to be setup with a compatible messaging center in order to send text messages from your desktop, ex: iPhone/ Mac are compatible through the Messages application). If you are using the Messages application you may be prompted to allow Numero to open links in the associated app, please select Open Messages. Your text will then display as a draft that you can edit and send as you like.
6. You can also open a donor's SpeedyGive link in a new tab if you need to access it. Make sure your calltime list is open and select the three dots to the far right of the donor. Select the SpeedyGive option from the Follow Up section to open the link in the same tab or right click the SpeedyGive option to open it in a new tab. Copy and paste the url into a text or email to send it to your donor.