How do I bulk import data into the CRM?
1. Select Import option from the Contacts, Interactions or Contributions page depending on what you are trying to import
2. Open the data file you wish to upload and either transfer that data into our CRM Upload Template (see links below), or rename the column headers in your file to match the column headers in the Upload Template and save your file as a CSV document
Numero CRM Contacts Import Template
* Please note all contacts in Numero require a First and Last Name, unless the contact is an organization. Any individual contacts imported without a first or last name will not successfully import and will show up as exceptions in a downloadable exceptions report after your import is complete. If you are importing an Organization, be sure to place the org name in the First Name column and give them a "Contact Type" of Organization. As you import phone numbers please be sure to include the area code (xxx-xxx-xxxx) phone numbers will need to be 10 digits in order to import.
Numero CRM Interactions Import Template
* Please note all interactions require "Interaction Type" as a column header with one of the following fields listed in each cell: Call, Email, Text, Mail, Meeting, Event, App, or Thank. These fields are not customizable and any imported without an interaction type will import as "App" as a default. All interactions also require "Date Contacted" in the format of MM/DD/YYYY. If you are importing Organization interactions, be sure to place the org name in the First Name column and give them a "Contact Type" of Organization.
Numero CRM Contributions Import Template
* Please note all contributions require "Payment Method" as a column header with one of the following fields listed in each cell: Cash, Check, In-Kind, NGP, Wire, Merch, or Card. These fields are not customizable and any imported without a payment method will NOT import. All contributions also require "Date" in the format of MM/DD/YYY and "Amount". If you are importing Organization contributions, be sure to place the org name in the First Name column and give them a "Contact Type" of Organization.
NOTE: As you prepare your import files, if you want the data you are importing to be appended to an existing donor profile, you need to provide enough data in your import for our matching algorithm to identify the contact in the CRM. First and Last Name are required but in order for us to match the information to the existing profile please include as many of the following as possible in your import file: addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, employer, occupation, Numero Contact ID, VANID. Failure to provide identifiable data will result in duplicate contacts in your CRM.
3. Search for the file on your computer and select Next once you have selected the file
4. The importer will begin to analyze your CSV file
5. Map any unmapped columns to the appropriate end point, change the endpoint of any auto-mapped columns, or exclude any columns you do not wish to upload. The importer will only let you continue with the upload once you have mapped all unmapped columns.
6. Select the timezone of your campaign and select the checkbox to acknowledge you understand that bulk imports are irreversible.
7. Your import will then begin to process. You can refresh your browser to see if the upload is complete.
8. Once the import is complete you will see a completed notification and there will be a download report available for you to view any exceptions that did not import.
9. The exceptions report will show you how many rows were analyzed, how many were imported, how many failed to import, how many were unique, and provide an exception reason for any that did not upload.
10. You can click on the contacts, interactions or contributions view to view your recent imports. If you want to bulk delete any imports you can use the bulk action feature in the list view to delete up to 25 entries at a time. Use extreme caution when bulk deleting your entries to ensure you wish to delete any entries you have selected.